Answered By: Mary Fairbairn Last Updated: Jun 22, 2020 Views: 18
Accessing The Chronicle of Higher Education
Furman University has a site license for The Chronicle of Higher Education. Anyone with an active Furman email address can create an account and access all full text of the Chronicle from on- or off-campus. To create an account:
- In your browser, go to www.chronicle.com
- At the top right, click LOG IN (not SUBSCRIBE).
- Below the “Log In” section of boxes, click CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
- Enter your information, using your FURMAN email address. It will not allow you to create a Furman subscription account with any non-Furman email address. Under INSTITUTION, select Furman University.
- If you wish to sign up for free newsletters, you may do so as you scroll down or at a later date.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom, and click CREATE FREE ACCOUNT.
- You’ll get a message asking you to check your email for a confirmation message.
- Find the message in your email, and click the big CONFIRM MY EMAIL button.
- You’ll be taken to a browser box indicating that the account has been verified. Create a password and click the SAVE PASSWORD button at the bottom.
- Once you receive the message saying “Your password has been saved,” click CLOSE. You’re all set.
For a tutorial with screen captures, please see the pdf under LINKS & FILES, below.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.